Sunday, April 21, 2013

About a Boy - April 15th Challenge Layout 2

About a Boy has their April 15th challenge out and it's titled The Artist. I created one layout and have submitted it, but when creating layouts I always like to create in pairs. The layout I used is layout #31 by Brenshevia from the Sketch-n-Scrap blog.




I wanted to tie my two layouts together so I used the same yellow base paper. I took the colorful paper from the first layout and used it as a border around the photos for this layout. I carried over the brown card stock and used the same distressing technique. I used orange tape from a roll purchased at Target and CTMH sticker that says "100% Pure Potential). I then had Matthew stamp his hand onto the card stock to match his fingerprints on the first page. I love little hands and am glad this challenge gave me a reason to document them. 

***I design for Black Tie Fridays

13 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! I love the distressing! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to distress along the outside edges too. Really helps to tie in the focus of the adorable hand print! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap and About A Boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is just super sweet, I love the photos and I keep meaning to scrap some of my children's art from when they were younger, thanks for the inspiration and thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet layout! I love the pictures! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you craft about arts and crafting with your kid! I also really like the light in the picture of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you captured his artwork as well as his hand. Glad you are playing at About a Boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photo's and great idea to scrap your son's creative talents! Thanks for playing along with us at SNS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Your topic for the layout is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Sketch-N-Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout! Thank you for playing at About a Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great page, and what a talented little artist he is! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the handprint! That's for getting creative with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A handprint is a great idea! Love the distressing too. Thanks for playing along at AAB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. I love the handprint. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.

    ReplyDelete