Monday, April 22, 2013

Dynamic Duos Basic Black and Basic Gray Challenge

I was very excited by the Dynamic Duos challenge of basic black and basic gray this week. The first thing that popped into my head was the series 50 Shades of Gray. The thought of a brick pattern popped into my head and while I was at the store I found this fondant texture template that leaves a brick  impression. It was fate. I knew I wanted to have a more masculine feel and I love the use of zippers so tah dah, here is my finished card.




I used CTMH white, black and gray paper. To create the the brick, I used a Duff brand fondant texture template that I found at Wal Mart. I sanded the paper to bring to make it stand out. I sewed a zipper on to the paper and added the eyelets to hold the zipper open. I used CTMH stamps and ink to create the sentiment. 


***I design for Black Tie Fridays

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I love the zipper. I'll be adding this to my list of things to try. Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - clever use of your supplies! I love the zipper and that the sentiment carries over to the interior. Great job with our black/white masculine challenge. ;-) Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I think that a little bit of the 50 Shades carries over through the use of the partially unzipped zipper. it's inviting us to thank our husbands... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very clever, Shauna, I just love the zipper and also the gorgeous texture of the bricks. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete